Saturday, June 17, 2006

East Meets West at Graceland

Elvis Presley, who never toured abroad, never realized that he would bring the Orient and the Occident together. When President George W. Bush hosts Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi June 30, Bush will tour Presley's home Graceland with Elvis' most famous Asian fan Koizumi. Kozumi is an avid Elvis afficionado: the Prime Minister, who personally picked his twenty-five fave Elvis songs for a  limited edition charity CD of 200,000 copies eagerly snapped up by fans, serenaded the President at his birthday bash with "I Want You, I Need You, I Love You" last year and proudly notes that he shares the same Janury 8th birthday with Presley. Elvis, You Ain't Nothing but a Hound Dog but we still Love You Tender. :-)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How's his Engrish?  P/M, that is?
Some favorites:
Don't be cluel.
Jair House Lock
Ruv me Tendel
Bulning Ruv
Now, you guys try it: substitute any "L" for an "R", and vice versi.
Have fun, ferrows.

Anonymous said...

Carol says:
Rittrel sistel
don't you do me rike yo' big sistel done

Anonymous said...

Aren't you glad he's not singing Dixie Chicks' songs? Ck out http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jhtml?xml=/arts/2006/06/15/bmdixie15.xml.
(I know that I've used a double negative, grammar police.)

Anonymous said...

vely grad.

Anonymous said...

Jon, been enjoying a little too much of that Tennessee whiskey?  

James, have you heard of the furor around the Hadija Girl and the Marine who wrote it?

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard anything about Hadija Girl: please enlighten me, Joseph.

Anonymous said...

Don't think I'm passing the buck on this, but Michelle Malkin's got a great wrap-up on her blog: http://michellemalkin.com/archives/005387.htm

Love,
Joseph

Anonymous said...

Thanx, Joseph. Michelle is akin to Ann: kicking *** and taking names! Too much Caucasian pc now: not enough immigrant chutzpah!